Types of Scholarships Your Student Should Apply To:
- Institutional Scholarships
- These are scholarships from colleges and universities.
- Prioritize applying to these scholarships! Your student can research scholarship opportunities at every school he or she has been accepted to.
- Merit Based Scholarships
- These scholarships require your student to do something to earn the aid. They may have to write an essay, have a specific ACT or GPA, or complete an online application.
- Merit Based Scholarships can be awarded based on:
- Academic achievement
- Athletic achievement
- Artistic Achievement
- Prioritize local scholarships because the pool of competition is smaller.
- Churches and community centers may offer scholarships.
- Check with your employer to see if they offer scholarship opportunities.
- Use the Chicago Public Schools bulletin to find more opportunities. Download the bulletin below.
Scholarship Search Engines
Want to help your student find and apply for scholarships? Use the search engines below!
Other Important Financial Aid Information
- File your 2012 taxes as soon as possible so your student can update the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You may qualify for FREE assistance filing your taxes. Check out Ladder Up’s website to see if you qualify! http://www.goladderup.org/
- Does your student need to file the CSS profile? Find out more about it here: http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us